Saturday, February 27, 2021

Obedience is Better Than Sacrifice

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, that faded not away, reserved in heaven for you. Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. (1 Peter 1)

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus. Walk circumspectly in the world.  Obedience is better than sacrifice. Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as being obedient to His Word, and faithful to that which you have been called? 

Rebellion and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry, rejecting the Word of God. Saul said unto Samuel, I have sinned: for I have transgressed the commandment of the LORD, and thy words: because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice. Now therefore, I pray thee, pardon my sin, and turn again with me, that I may worship the LORD. (1 Samuel 22). 


Courtesy of King James Bible Online

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exercise your authority to tread on serpents and to cast out demons. You are the head and not the tail. Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. Exercise your holy boldness.