Thursday, November 18, 2021

Friend

Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve. And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me. And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I? Jesus answered and said it is he that dippeth his hand with me in the dish.  He is the one who shall betray me. Then Judas, the betrayer said, Master, is it I? Jesus, answered, yes. You said it buddy, pal of mine, my dear friend.

Peter, the rock upon which Jesus said that He would build His church, answered and said unto him, though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended. Jesus said to Peter, before the cock crows you will have denied me three times. Peter, responded, to Jesus, that I will die with thee, and you know the story.

Jesus said to the disciples, let us be going, the betrayer is on his way. And while he yet spake, Judas, one of the twelve, came, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and elders of the people. Judas gave them a sign, saying, the one who I shall kiss, that is Jesus.  

And forthwith he came to Jesus, and said, Hail, master; and kissed him. And Jesus greeted Judas, the betrayer as "friend".  He said to Judas, "Friend", wherefore art thou come? Then came they, and laid hands on Jesus, and took him.

Peter, the Rock, sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee, but Peter denied before them all, saying, I don't know what you are talking about. Then another person who saw Peter with Jesus said unto them that were there, this man was also with Jesus of Nazareth. Peter again denied with an oath, I do not know the man. I swear to you I do not know the man.

Some of the others, who were standing around said to Peter, you are one of the Jesus followers.  You talk just like them.  Then Peter began to curse and swear, saying, I don't know the man. And immediately the cock crew.  Peter immediately remembered what Jesus had said. Before the cock crow, you will deny me three times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exercise your authority to tread on serpents and to cast out demons. You are the head and not the tail. Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. Exercise your holy boldness.