Saturday, January 9, 2021

The Concision

Beware of the concision (Philippians 3:2). While we slept evil influences attempted to penetrate our minds, sowing evil and fleshly thoughts (Matthew 13:25). Be holy as I am holy (1 Peter 1:16). Touch not the unclean thing (Isaiah 52:11, 2 Corinthians 6:17). Do not forget that I brought you out of bondage with a strong and mighty hand. Now I have placed you in a country full of beauty, flowing rivers, fruit trees that you did not plant. Be separated. Be holy as I your God am holy. Do not go a whoring after other gods. (Exodus 6:6, 13:3; Leviticus 11:44, 20:26; Deuteronomy 5:15, 7:8, 26:8)

We are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. Apostle Paul said, although I have confidence in the flesh, if any among you think that you trust in the flesh; I more. (Philippians 3:3-14)

Concerning circumcision of the flesh as the Lord instructed His people; decades later Apostle Paul wrote, I was circumcised on the eight day, and had a zeal for righteousness according to the law, while I persecuted the church, blameless before those who walked after the flesh (Philippians 3:5).

All of that changed, when Jesus Christ struck Paul down on the road to Damascus. This is a powerful statement. It confirms how Paul who was circumcised at the age of eight days old, worked to persecute and kill Christians as an adult. God makes preparation--in advance--for His plan and purpose. God had already set Paul apart--even while the Lord stood back and watched Paul destroy the church. Those God foreknew He also did predestinate to conform to His image (Romans 8:29).

Paul wrote that he counted the loss of all things for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, that I may win Christ, not being found as self-righteous (Philippians 3), obeying the ten commandments, but by the righteousness which is of God--by obedience to His Word, by faith (Hebrews 11:6)--not of works, lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Prayer for salvation: If you believe in Jesus but have not given your life to Christ, accept Him into your heart today. Christ Jesus, please come into my heart. Lord Jesus become my personal Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exercise your authority to tread on serpents and to cast out demons. You are the head and not the tail. Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. Exercise your holy boldness.